So, I’ve lived with having to carefully turn the data knobs on my Nova II for years now since they started acting up. It seemed they did not respond correctly when turning them quickly, every “step” while scrolling didn’t seem to register. Well, it’s been a pain in the ass and I’ve used the synthesizer less frequent because of it. Well, it turned out to be as easy as wiping my nose to fix it!
If you have the same problem, here’s the fix (hopefully for you too).
1. Go get some CRC 5-56 or similar lubricant. (picture)
2. take off the caps on the data knobs.
3. spray some lubricant on the bottom of the black pin, so that the lubricant will get inside the system. (and dont worry, if you bought the same as I have, it does not cause shortcircuit).
4. turn the knobs round and round for a while.
5. Wait for the magic to happen, it takes the lubricant some time to get inside
6. Wipe excess lubricant from the synthesizer and put the caps back on.
7. All done
My knobs work perfectly now. This 5-56 stuff can truly be used for everything My girlfriend is probably getting sick of me spraying every god damn thing at home